Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Affirmation


An affirmation for you from a serene spider woman.

No lie.

You'll probably recognize the graphic, too ... it seemed appropriate.
I had a dream two nights ago. I was working, but it was the sort of job I have now where I'm not accountable to anyone and can come and go when I need to. In the dream, it was day time, felt like dusk, and I was at a mall, one I didn't recognize. At first I was in the parking lot with the horizon on my left and the corner of a giant supermarket in the mall on the right. I went into the supermarket and got soup self-serve style, only I was pouring it into a torn tyvec envelope and it kept falling out all over the place. I tried twice with two different envelopes.


Then, I was outside again looking at the horizon ... there were enormous & ominous black storm clouds in the far distance. Numerous tornado funnels touched down on the earth. It was pretty far out there but on the way. I went back into the mall and called my boss, and in the dream my boss was Caroline. My boss now is the antithesis of Caroline in all ways, and she's in New Jersey, which is even better. I told Caroline there was pretty bad weather coming, and she didn't care. Her tone was completely apathetic, which didn't (and doesn't) surprise me.


Then I woke up.


Just so you know I'm sincere, here is a copy of an email I sent to an internet friend ...

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Donna Faber"
Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Dreams
To: "Mae"

That's really cool ... thanks for sharing, too. I hear that large bodies of water are like your consciousness, you know? And I know there's symbolism about the ball. And the full moon? WOW! That is the coolest ... high tide. You realize that Roseanne's studio is called "Full Moon High Tide" right?

I had a dream this morning, too. I was at a mall that I've never been at before, and I was there for work. In my job, I manage a bunch of people and my boss is in New Jersey, so I'm not accountable to anyone really. I can come and go when I need to. I was in a supermarket, trying to get some soup, but I was putting the soup in an envelope and it kept ripping and falling out and everything. Then, I looked out the window and on the horizon there were these horrible storm clouds with tornado funnels touching down, like, a bunch of them. How wierd. I never dream about things on the horizon or storm clouds and definitely not tornadoes, although I know someone who dreams about a tornado coming through her house just before something terrible happens. It being on the horizon seems significant to me. Then, I called my boss to tell her the weather, only it wasn't my current boss, it was my old boss, in the job I left after 19 years, because she was stumping my career. Her name was Caroline. I called to tell her and she was totally uninterested.

*****************************************

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...